Living Wage Employers are responsible employers who care about their employees and the community. They recognize that paying a living wage constitutes a critical investment in the long-term prosperity of the economy by fostering a dedicated, skilled and healthy workforce.
A living wage employer pays all direct and indirect employers the living wage rate for the region(s) in which they operate. Visit Living Wage Regions to find your local living wage. If your region is not listed, we will contact you with information about the status of the living wage calculation where you do business.
Living wage employers sign a licence agreement and pay an annual employer certification fee. This fee helps the Ontario Living Wage Network to calculate the living wage, certify and recognize employers for their living wage commitment, and advance the living wage movement.
Certified employers will be added to our employer directory and map and recognized on social media. They also receive a certificate, window decals and a logo package for use in print and online.
WHAT IS THE LIVING WAGE EMPLOYER CERTIFICATION PROCESS?
- Expression of Interest.Complete initial contact form below. Anne Coleman, manager of the Ontario Living Wage Network employer program will contact you to discuss certification details and answer questions. After the phone conversation you will be provided with an enrollment form.
- Application Review and License Agreement.We’ll review your enrolment form and contact you to address any questions and determine the level of recognition. You will sign the license agreement and pay the employer certification fee.
- Certificate Presentation.We will connect you with the living wage group in your local community to arrange for presentation of your Living Wage Employer Certificate.
- Recognition.We’ll publicly recognize your organization or business through social media, events and publications. Your business or organization will be listed in our employer directory and map.
- Periodic Review.Each year on the anniversary of your certification you will be sent a renewal survey and invoice for the annual employer certification fee. When the living wage calculation is updated, we’ll contact you to let you know the new rate. Employers have six months to make adjustments once the new rate has been announced.